When it comes to earning income from your home or investment property, we know you have many choices. How do you know if short term renting is right for you? Here are some points about the nature of short term rentals for you to consider before making up your mind.
- It's a cyclical business - no matter who manages your rentals. For example, if we take on an apartment in June, most summer guests have already booked their vacation. Don't be surprised if rentals from ours or any agency may be slow to ramp up depending on when your property is brought on.
- Best relationships are owners who want to spend part of the year in London and have the flexibility to rent it when they are away.
- The most successful owners are open to suggestions for small décor or furniture changes based on our experience and feedback from our reservations team on what guests are looking for in vacation rentals.
- We love what we do and our enthusiastic team works tirelessly to ensure the highest booking rates. We tend to be more successful in terms of rentals generated because of our high rankings and reputation. If a potential owner is in doubt, we welcome them to try other agencies and even try renting on the publicity drawing sites on their own! Some of our owners have done just that and we're delighted to say we have done better in every case.
- We work with a professional cleaning team and provide the same cleaning services to all apartments to maintain the high standards out guests expect.
- It's important that owners don't change their mind once accepting a booking. Owners sign a contract to honor all bookings. If your schedule is unpredictable, short term renting may not be right for you.
- Not ideal for owners who are hoping for a long term let or need the security of 52 weeks of rentals each year.
- If you're considering selling your property, it is not possible for us to take it on as it presents problems with estate agent visits and ability to honor bookings. We are looking for owners seriously interested in short term lets and not ones who are considering selling but have us invest in photos and listing their property only to put it up for sale without a single booking.