Before you head off to London, we recommend whetting your appetite by learning a bit about one of the best dishes you can find all over the city. That’s the British traditional beef Wellington. This dish, a combination of tender beef, mushrooms and puff pastry, is a true British classic to add to your list of tasty dishes to try when in London. It is said that it was created in honor of the first Duke of Wellington, Arthur Wellesley, to celebrate his victory at the Battle of Waterloo in 1815. Eat in or out when you stay with Vacation Perfect. These are some of our favourite restaurants for beef Wellington in London.
- The Grenadier – The Grenadier Pub is just around the corner from our Belgravia apartment. One of the unique qualities of this pub is the wealth of money bills taped to the ceiling due to a ghost tale.
- The Savoy Grill – This Michelin-starred restaurant serves a classic beef Wellington made with prime cuts of meat and rich mushroom duxelles.
- 45 Jermyn Street – This restaurant aims to bring “back the golden age of glamour.” Expect classic dishes, like their beef Wellington, and new innovative meals.
- Bob Bob Ricard – At Bob Bob Ricard, you’ll be treated to traditional British and French recipes. It’s one of the more charming restaurants with a “Press for Champagne” button at every table that you might find unique.
- The Dining Room at The Goring – This restaurant is stunning to see during the day when light fills The Dining Room. The food is also spectacular as the restaurant holds a Michelin star and three AA Rosettes.
- Roast at Borough Market – Found above Borough Market in the Floral Hall is the Roast. This is a great place to visit as London Bridge station is less than two minutes away and gives you a view overlooking the Borough Market below.
- The Ritz Restaurant – The Ritz London’s beef Wellington is an authentic luxury experience. You can marvel at the hanging chandeliers, marble columns, and floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking Green Park. Live entertainment is provided on Friday and Saturday evenings too.
- Holborn Dining Room – Here you’ll find seasonal British cuisine with a twist. For vegans or vegetarians, you can order a beetroot Wellington that’s just as good as many beef Wellingtons in London.
Visit London With Vacation Perfect
Booking a vacation rental with Vacation Perfect is the best way to start your London getaway. To learn more about London, read our travel guide at London Perfect for more things to do and how to plan your vacation. Get in touch with us on our website or call 1-888-520-2087 to learn about renting a vacation apartment in London.